READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quilled Picture Graphic Quilling- Blue Bird in A Bower

I quilled this scene or picture of a Bluebird sitting among plum blossoms as long  back as in Oct 2012, but did not get down to blogging it till today.This was my first attempt at quilling a bird using folded basic shapes that resembled feathers, unlike the parrot and humming bird which I quilled using loose coils.

 I have used a photograph of the sky as a background. The Bluebird is quilled with folded 3mm strips to match the feathers. I quilled  Little Robin Red Breast after practicing on this one which came out quite well for a first attempt. I have inserted a white strip to get the shine on the beak. My objective was to get it to look as lifelike as possible.

I have done the leaves slightly differently as I have crushed the strip to get a wrinkled effect. Here's a closer look at the elements.


Would love to know what you think.

20 comments:

  1. Awesome and Gorgeous Quilling .
    thanks for sharing the every bit of details Chris .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow !! this looks so amazing ...love the intricate detail you have added to the whole scene ...especially the robin looks awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does look life like . Beautiful quilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! You have given life to the strips ..and made it look like real feathers n fur of the robin ! I liked the leaves with crushed strips also !

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow gorgeous, love how you did the bird and leaves, awesome !!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Amazing inspiration and it looks even more wonderful because you share your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no words! So realistic! Excellent technique used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine
    thanks for your comment on my blog. I could not reply to your comment because you don't have your email address entered but I wanted to let you know that I have followed your blog and loved your work for a long time now.

    Thanks for following my blog too
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely stunning. Love the colors.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  10. So life like...Very realistic...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, this is really awesome work! You worked a lot to finish this complex design!!!
    Wish you a great spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a beautiful creation. Like the way you have done the feathers and the flowers too. Would look lovely as a wall hanging. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty....it really looks lifelike.

    I loved blue bird the most.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dats awesome do visit ma blog http://twistyquilllingcreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the technique with the folded feathers. I use the rolled feather shape in my birds and place a cut out of the bird over the quilling.
    Nice work.
    www.quillingbysandrawhite.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy that the internet brought me to your website which has opened up a vast array of information about my renewed interest in Quilling. The designs are thrilling, but your approach to this tedious craft is so very helpful to me. As I learn the outcome is less than perfect. However, you have encouraged me to forgive my stumbling around this craft simply by starting over. Quilling isn't just snow flakes...... Thanks...... I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!