READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Parrot - Quilled Picture Landscape

I quilled this parrot like a quilled landscape or quilled picture from an image of it. I used loose scrolls made from A4 length 3mm strips.I find it is important to get the eyes right to get a realistic look. I am quite impressed with the fact that it has a bit of depth.

I tried to arrange the quill to follow the natural curves of the bird to get the depth. I clipped the edge of the quilled marque to get the feathery effect .
For the eyes, I made a coil and allowed it to relax a wee bit before gumming it. Then I made an itsy white tight scroll and fattened it into a 1/4 moon and inserted it off center to get the highlight effect.

I made the palm by looking at one in my garden ( I live in the tropics)by pasting between 10 to 12, 1/4 A4 strips to form a 3/4 circle.  I scored lines on each leaf strand by placing it on a semi hard surface and then drawing lines with a blunt instrument. If the surface is hard the lines won't get embossed and if the surface is too soft the paper will tear.

I had made the parrot and branch on a cut-out so I was able paste the parrot on top of the palms .

On hind sight , I feel I should have stuck a few tight scrolls and mounted the parrot on top the give a nice 3D effect  to the scene.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!