READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quilled Tree Landscape Picture Art - One Tree Hill

Finished my quilled tree landscape picture at last. I have used many techniques for this one. The tree top is made of honeycomb circles ( beehive technique). The grass is created from folding zig-zag. The yellow and pink hills are my own creations. I just folded the paper up & down and encircled it just like the grass but without pinching the the top and bottom so that I got a circle with something like a peace sign after encircling it.

The tree trunk is graphic quilling technique, using brown yellow and black. I have used a combination of orange, 3 shades of yellow and peach for the treetop. I cut the strips to 1.5' lengths and then pasted them randomly into one long strip and quilled the honeycomb circles ( beehive method- check my link section).

The dark green and yellow hills are made from crimped paper. Folded zigzag to the length required and encircled.

The flowers are a combination of roses quilled with 3mm strip and star flowers of yellow with tight coil centres. For the blue flowers I  used a scallop pinking scissor to cut 4mm length pieces blue 3mm strip and pasted it to a fringed flower made of 1.23" length 3mm strip. I fringed the 3mm strip slightly to get a velvety middle.

The tree is mounted at a slightly higher elevation as the root section is pasted on top of the grass and I pasted tight coils to the underside of the tree top in order to get the 3d effect, hence the shadow of the tree is visible.

All in all I am really thrilled with the outcome.  Tutorial for quilling landscape is available here.
For all tutorials click on "Tutorials" under "In This Blog"  on the side bar.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy. Very nice piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! Amazing piece of art! -Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. I'm really glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. I just love this one! It looks like the tree of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work. i visit your blog first time and i like it...you are very creative...
    best wishes for your work.
    craft360.blogspot.com
    plzz must visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning ! The tree trunk is incredible I love it !
    I am just a beginner but I would still like to invite you to my blog at http://adrianasquilledsecrets.blogspot.ch/ thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Adriana, I love your work and am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. outstanding project! so bright, so lovely, the leaves are absolutely amazing! it's such a masterpiece, I'm so inspired and impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You.This was my very first real landscape.

      Delete
  8. I think this is superb. Good piece of art. Lovely bright colours. Wonder how you put it on the background board. I can see the shadow. gives depth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!