The white and yellow bunches are beehive quilled and are similar to the flower bunches I used for
Flower Shower, except that they are glued on a single plane onto strips instead of stems.
I have used marquees for both the flowers and the leaves unlike the beehive quilling I used for the moulded flowers in Flowers on a Trellis.
A simple method to prevent the marquee from popping out to much is to hold both the pinched ends and move the top to the left while you move the bottom to the right a few times. That way you can remove the elasticity of the paper and control your moulded shapes more.
Once the petals were done, making the flowers were pretty simple. I shall post a few pics on how the flowers were made in my next post which will be after I return from my holiday. Another tip to standardize the size and shape of the petal when quilling on moulds, is to keep a count of the number of rows you used for the first petal and the number of marquees used for each row. Generally if you increase each row by one marquee it will get wide smoothly and vise versa.
For the leaves the length of the marquee and the angle at which you glue will determine how wide the leaf is. However you can use the same method as for the petal for leaves too.
I have used 2.5" strips for the petal marquees and 11" strips for the leaf marquees.
Looking forward to reading your comments but please bear with me for taking time to reciprocate as I will be out for about 10 days.