READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Smiley Flower for Mom - Quilled Flower & Butterfly

I thought I'd quill something that reminded me of my mom, who is now, long gone, for Mother's day. This picture, I thought, said it all. One who would give anything to her children with a smile on her face.The one who fed us butterflies with her nectar. Well, my mom is a beautiful flower in heaven and I loved her. Don't ever remember her saying she's sick and taking a break until the day the Good Lord called her to rest.

I hope you'll enjoy this piece.

How To
 I quilled the butterfly using a printout of one. Check out my Tutorial Page on how to quill a landscape to get an idea of how to do the wings. The basic shape for the wings are simple loose coils and yellow squares. Once the wings are done make a 3d tube by pushing out a peg. Check out Quick Tips on how to get a bell shape instead of a cone. make the head and abdomen of the butterfly and stick them together. then stick the antenna and the wings.
The petals are husked using light & darker blue. For the stem I just took some paper and rolled it like a tube. The leaves are just folded leaves.
I will do a tute on how I made the bud in my next post.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blue flower, it came out so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miheela, I have not mounted it yet. Thought it would look better if I paste the petals in blue and make a hillock to paste the flower on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flower looks so great, is like from a fairytale, and I love fairytales :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!