READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Monday, May 21, 2012

My First Quilled Hollow Egg

I've seen many beautiful quilled eggs, but most of them are made by pasting quills on an egg shell or other egg shaped item. I wanted to try the real thing and quill a hollow egg and here it is.

 I must say that it was quite difficult to quill since it kept slipping off and getting the top to curve was a herculean task , but in the end I managed to get it to look like an egg and it is free standing too!! There is a lot of room for improvement.  I am not really inspired by eggs, but I will try quilling another one soon to see if I can perfect the shape.

How to
  • First I had to cover the egg shell with a non-stick surface so I used scotch tape which is a bad choice.The surface should be slightly sticky so that the quills don't keep falling off  from the tricky spots.
  •  I quilled the eggs in two halves and then pasted them hollow, so the two parts need to fit snugly in the middle.
  • I quilled the egg top down, bottom up and then stuck the two halves together.
  • Make sure each quill is well stuck to the top layer before you proceed with the next, If done properly it will come out perfectly.
  • paste the quills onto each other using a toothpick to apply the glue.
  • slightly paste a couple to the non stick surface at the curvature point to keep it on the mold
  • I found slightly loosened coils stick to each other better than pegs.


HOW TO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tips! I think your egg looks great. I tried something similar a while back, and the curvature was a little tricky. I love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!