READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Butterfly Tree - Quilled Butterfly & Flowers


I created this piece from the various experimental flowers that I quilled. The poppy was damaged by one of my cats!!. I made the poppy from Inna's very comprehensive tutorial. Her site is my favorite and I love her work. It is a "must visit" site for all who want to learn from one of the best!!

The Monarch Butterfly is my own. I downloaded a picture of a monarch and followed it as faithfully as possible. I used loose scrolls and tight scrolls. Outlined the scrolls in black and stuck them together on top of a printout of a monarch. Did not past it to the paper since I wanted a 3D butterfly.

I made the body with a 1cm strip (A4) and shaped it to form the body. The head is made from tight scrolls. I cut the paper to narrow towards on end and quilled tight scrolls stating with the broad end. This made the sides pop out a bit like eyes.

For the top of the wings I quilled a black loose scroll, shaped it and then made three very small white tight scrolls, squashed them and stuck them inside the outermost layer. I am quite proud of this butterfly!! looks quite good for a beginner!! even though I say so myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!