READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Butterfly Tree - Quilled Butterfly & Flowers


I created this piece from the various experimental flowers that I quilled. The poppy was damaged by one of my cats!!. I made the poppy from Inna's very comprehensive tutorial. Her site is my favorite and I love her work. It is a "must visit" site for all who want to learn from one of the best!!

The Monarch Butterfly is my own. I downloaded a picture of a monarch and followed it as faithfully as possible. I used loose scrolls and tight scrolls. Outlined the scrolls in black and stuck them together on top of a printout of a monarch. Did not past it to the paper since I wanted a 3D butterfly.

I made the body with a 1cm strip (A4) and shaped it to form the body. The head is made from tight scrolls. I cut the paper to narrow towards on end and quilled tight scrolls stating with the broad end. This made the sides pop out a bit like eyes.

For the top of the wings I quilled a black loose scroll, shaped it and then made three very small white tight scrolls, squashed them and stuck them inside the outermost layer. I am quite proud of this butterfly!! looks quite good for a beginner!! even though I say so myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!